Here at Anything But Cute we love to see all the seasoned and expert mixed media artists, but we also want to encourage those who are just getting their feet wet. Our design team will always be on the lookout for these exceptional artists, and you just never know when we might be giving out something special to a talented mixed media newcomer.
Make sure to put 'newbie' after your name in the linky so we know who you are.
(new refers to 'new to mixed media' NOT 'new to our challenge')
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday, February 19, 2016

Feature Artist - Grungy Love - Welcome Elli

Hello Artists!

Niki here, and I am so excited to finally get the chance to introduce you to our Feature Artist for February. She was the winner of my "You've Got Happy Mail" challenge in December. Welcome Elli of Made for an Angel!!

Elli is a very versatile artist and does everything from Shabby Chic to Grunge to Recycled Art! She combines colors and textures in such wonderful ways and always has you asking the question, "How'd she do that?" while inspiring you to create with abandon. Fantabulous!

I think you will all agree that Elli is an inspirational artist and I am so proud of the project she put together for our current challenge "Grungy Love"! Feast your eyes on this grungy good design she has shared with us today!

***
Hi, I’m Elli from ‘Made for an Angel’ and art has always been a part of my life. I turn into art almost anything that I find interesting in any way. My work is a reflection of my inner world- my feelings and sense of beauty and harmony.

I discovered my passion for mixed media when I first started making cards, about a year ago. Starting with watercolor cards, I experimented with my own imagination and realized that I was falling in love with mixed media. And  it’s  love that inspired me for this project. I’m thankful to Sara Emily for this ‘Grungy Love’ Challenge.


Texture is something that I use in almost every project and it’s certainly part of this one as well. I started with some homemade gesso, acrylic paints and some old clock parts.

The small electric bulb is an old one that I recently replaced with a new one and since the person next to me is an electrician, I thought it would be a nice finishing touch to the card. I also added a silver plated pendant of a flying bird that I really liked a lot and small pieces of cardboard.



The pictures are made during the day and night, because I find it interesting the different looks that the card gets both ways. I have to say that I’m unable to make lots of pictures during the process because the decisions I make are spontaneous most of the times and before I know it I realize that I’ve almost finished my project.



Some ink pen finishing lines and there it is- the love card for ‘him’ is done. And it can be also hanged on the wall, like a painting (it is solid enough, like a canvas) :)  I hope you will enjoy it.

***
Masterful and so grunge-aliscious, is about all I can muster and a whole lot of wowzers! Her pictures make this design look like an acrylic painting in some lights-genius! What a brilliant way to recycle the mini light bulb! My vocabulary escapes me!

I hope that seeing Elli's wonderful creation will inspire you to join me for our current challenge...Grungy Love!

You have until the 4th of March to play - and you'll find all the challenge details as well as lots of inspiration from the brilliant Anything But Cute design team by clicking on the challenge link.

Hugz and Carpe Diem!
Niki!

11 comments:

  1. Great card, brilliant texture and so much detail. This is gorgeous Elli and thanks for sharing it with us. Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your funky, cool style, Elli! What an awesome project. The light bulb is such a great accent. Well done and congrats on the feature! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is soooo fun Jane. You inspired me to resurrect my clock parts. I have a huge drawer full! They look AMAZING on your project... love that big spring!!! Great background. Very special 'Grungy Love' creation. Thanks bunches for sharing! j.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to be late, Elli! This is so beautiful and so in your discernible style that I adore. This truly does look like two separate pieces of artwork taken in the different light. I do hope you've included some step by steps on your blog, because I would love to know how you achieve you look--I'm a curious crafter, what can I say! I'm off to have a closer look! Thank you so much for your feature post with Anything But Cute! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wrote you few words on my blog about my projects, hope you'll find them interesting enough and i'm thinking of making some step by step photos of my next project, especially for you:) Hugs,Elli!

      Delete
  5. Elli, your project is quite simply - stunning, the design is wonderful and all the elements you added work beautifully and the colour tones are so beautiful! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elli, This is stunning!!!
    Love it and am so glad you are our feature artist!
    Hugs
    Samra DT
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  7. Elli, you have totally nailed this challenge theme with a bang! Fantabulous and such cool looking elements added! Gorgeous design and layers and awesome sauce upcycle!!! Thanks so much for being our Featured Artist! Hugz. ~Niki

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Thank you all for the amazing comments on my project and my work. It was really a great privilege to me to be the Feature Artist of this wonderful mixed media place that I love. Lots of hugs to you all. Elli

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous! Love the grungy feel to this x

    ReplyDelete